Effective Date: November 5, 2019
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how ALTEC, Inc. (“ALTEC,” “we,” or “us”) collects and uses the information you decide to share with us when you when you visit our website: https://www.altecgaslift.com. This Privacy Notice applies solely to information you provide when you visit this website, except where stated otherwise.
Additionally, this Privacy Notice describes our use of personal information and automatically collected information (as defined and described below), our commitment to information security, how you can correct or delete your information stored with us or voice your concerns regarding our use of your personal information, and how we make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time.
The Information We Collect
We do not collect personal information about you through our website unless you voluntarily provide it. We may collect personal information when you create or make changes to an online account, respond to surveys, contact us via the web or email, or complete a transaction with us online. At any time, you may choose not to provide your personal information, or you may choose to discontinue your use of our website. However, if you choose to “opt-out” of providing personal information, we may not be able to provide the information or services you desire. If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may be unable to provide you service or complete your transaction.
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. Examples of information you may voluntarily provide to us by using this website includes:
• Email address
• Address, including zip code
• Phone number(s)
• Customer account number
• Bank account and/or credit/debit card numbers for online bill payment
• Social security number (full or partial)
• Other unique identifiers that you provide such as an account password, etc.
If you ask detailed questions or request specific information or services, you may be asked to supply personal information. This may include, for example, identifying topics of interest, providing home/office addresses, including your job title, gender, age, etc., or filling out account information for billing questions.
Automatic Collection of Information
When you visit or interact with our website, we (or our third-party providers) may use “cookies” or other similar technologies to personalize and enhance your experience. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Cookies are used to make our website work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide data to the website owners. Our website uses required cookies and analytics and performance cookies.
Required cookies enable you to move from page to page and to use features on our website while your browser remains open.
Analytics and performance cookies allow us to collect data concerning the website, including the number of visitors, where the visitors have come from, and the length of time visitors spend on the website, which allows us to analyze how our website is used and how it is performing. We use the following third-party providers for analytics and performance tracking, and you can learn more about their privacy policies and how to opt-out of their cookies by clicking on the appropriate link below:
Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
The storage and use of analytics and performance cookies on the device of a visitor requires consent. By continuing to browse the website after having seen the cookies banner displayed on the home page of the website, you consent to the storing of cookies on your device.
The majority of web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent this. If for any reason you decide that you do not like our use of certain cookies, you can simply change your settings. The setting of each browser is different. It is described in the browser’s help menu.
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-7 Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en Safari: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies/ Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you provide to provide the services you request and to support our business functions. For example, we may use your information to:
• Fulfill your requests and communicate with you about those requests;
• Help you quickly find and/or receive information about us or one of our affiliated companies’ products and/or services;
• Register and service your account;
• Provide customer service;
• Administer surveys, (which are completely voluntary on your part), in order to improve our services and business;
• Alert you to our updated information and services (unless you ask us not to) and provide more complete services and webpage content ;
• Improve the content of our website for your use; and
• Protect the security of our website and our business.
ALTEC does not sell or provide your personal information to unaffiliated companies for commercial purposes unrelated to ALTEC’s business. ALTEC may, however, share personal information for legitimate business purposes, including without limitation, the following:
• Sharing information with ALTEC’s subsidiaries and affiliates, unless prohibited by law or regulation;
• Making information available to third parties and/or service providers who are providing the product(s), service(s), or information you requested. These third parties are not allowed to use your personal information except for the purpose of providing these product(s) and/or services;
• Making information available to third parties who are providing service(s) to or its subsidiaries or affiliates (for example, third parties performing credit card processing, credit reporting agencies, electronic bill payment services, or debt collection services). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us);
• Undergoing business transitions; in the event ALTEC experiences a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition, or selling a portion of its assets, personal information will, in most instances, transfer as part of the assets;
• Forming a good-faith belief that disclosure of information is necessary to protect the rights and property of ALTEC, and/or its affiliates, other ALTEC customers; or,
• Disclosing information when allowed or required by law or regulation or when our legal counsel has a good-faith belief that a subpoena or court order requires the disclosure.
Aggregate or Generic Information
This Privacy Notice does not apply to aggregate and/or generic information that does not identify you or any individual. Therefore, ALTEC reserves the right to share non-personal information with third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law or regulation.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
If you wish to know the personal information we have obtained from you through the use of this website or if you believe we have obtained inaccurate information about you through your use of our website, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Information” section below. In some cases, we may contact you to let you know about new products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be contacted by us for this purpose, you may “opt-out” of receiving such information by clicking on the appropriate link in any such email communication, or by contacting us via the email address listed below or available on our website.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as well design request data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. customer service manager) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Despite our efforts, there is always some risk in transmitting electronic information. Though we use security measures consistent with industry standards, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted.
ALTEC does not have any responsibility whatsoever for the secure and effective operation of a) your Computer Systems (including but not limited to desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and networks), or b) any software installed on your Computer Systems, that you use to access our website. Please employ reasonable security practices to any Computer System or software you use to connect to our website, including:
• Protect your password as described below;
• Maintain (via updates and patches) the most current versions of your Computer System, including your operating system, software, web browsers, and browser plug-ins;
• Install and update anti-virus software on all of your Computer Systems;
• Do not click on suspicious links, or open attachments from mysterious senders, and beware of email messages or websites requesting your personal information
• Browse the Internet securely.
ALTEC does not disclose passwords to third parties; however, you are also responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account number, user ID, and password. We strongly urge you to guard the confidentiality of your username and password Do not give your password to anyone, especially if asked to do so in an email or a phone call. Do not share your username and password with any third party or any third party services, or use your password with any other website. Your password is your first line of defense against unauthorized access to your account. If your password is compromised, your information can be misused. Please take precautions to protect your password. If you believe your password has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes to this Privacy Notice
Online Tracking: How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, we, like many website operators, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
If you feel that we are not abiding by this Privacy Notice, or if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or your information, please contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.